Thursday, March 2, 2023

Is it laundry day?

Nope! Not for me. 
Although, if I had a cute laundry basket like this it might motivate me. Maybe. LOL

I made this little laundry basket with a lot of blood, sweat and tears. 
Not really. More like...frustration, sore fingers and eventually patience. 
In the end, I am happy with how it turned out for being a first try.






Believe it or not, the clothes pins were much easier to make. I couldn't find the toothpicks that already have the decorative ends so, I used the regular kind and just sanded the little groove to give it a round head. I slit the other end with a hobby knife to give it that split look. I then aged them to give them that weathered look as if they've been outside on the clothes line doing their job. I made the basket that holds them out of wood and the handle is a small piece of wire with a bead strung through. It was a tight fit getting the wire through the bead and I may or may not have split one or two others in previous attempts. 




I'm thinking maybe I'll use the other two containers as laundry detergent storage...? I made them out of wood and glued embroidery floss around them. The idea is to finish them off to look like tin/ enamel containers, with a bit of rust of course. I also would like to use water decals to label them. I made the tiny scoops out of cardstock and edged them with the same embroidery floss. They're very tiny! 



Hope you've enjoyed your visit. Thank you for stopping by.

Big Mini Hugs,
-Iris

5 comments:

  1. Most of all I love the laundry pegs. Thank you for explaining how you make them.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Drora! I think they might be my favorites too. :)

      Delete
  2. Most of all, I love the pegs.
    Thank you for sharing the way you made them.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice again, I think the boxes are very nice and the clothespins are so tiny, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Gonda! Yes, the clothespins are so tiny. I love them! LOL

    ReplyDelete