Saturday, February 25, 2023

Vintage Tins

One day, when I have a mini house, I want to have all sorts of adorable accessories throughout. Nowadays people are creating amazing things with 3D printers and laser cutting machines, and I'm sure I will always have a growing list of all the things I'll want to get. In the meantime, I'll make what I can with what I have, and within my abilities of course. LOL

One of those things are vintage tins. Mine are a bit rusty and I'm sure over time they will get even more "loved". 😜 




I made most of them using 6x6 scrapbooking paper. The 6x6 prints are smaller and I just chose those that fit to scale better. I used acrylic paints to add the rust effect and finished everything off by giving it a coat or two of gloss medium. 




The lids and handles for some are a mixture of paper, jewelry findings, wire and buttons. In the above pics, for the round yellow "tin" I used a wooden bead for the canister itself. A button for the lid. And a tiny bead for the knob on the lid. The image is a tiny print I found in my stash.




I love how they turned out considering they are my very first attempt at making them. They have quickly become some of my favorite minis.




I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are all having a lovely weekend so far.

Big mini hugs,
Iris :)




7 comments:

  1. Hello Lataina, thank you for your comment on my blog.
    Well you also make beautiful minis, the tins are great, beautiful details and I also think the candlesticks you made are fantastic.
    Yes, you can make beautiful minis from many things, I also use scrapbook paper as wallpaper, etc... You should definitely continue with this, so much fun to do, greetings Gonda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Latina, thank you for your comment on my blog.
    Well you also make beautiful minis, the tins are great, beautiful details and I also think the candlesticks you made are fantastic.
    Yes, you can make beautiful minis from many things, I also use scrapbook paper as wallpaper, etc... You should definitely continue with this, so much fun to do, greetings Gonda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gonda! I hope I will be able to make more things and post about them. I just need to find the time. LOL :)

      Delete
  3. The "rusty" tins look great. Wonderful work!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola, no conocía tu blog. Me encantan estas latas oxidadas, el efecto que les has dado es genial!!

    ReplyDelete