Thursday, March 9, 2023

Cottage Dreaming

I have a bunch of ideas for the little cottage I'd like to make, and would like to incorporate them all into one, but I'm not sure how to go about it yet. Since I can only have one small dollshouse, I'd really like to try and add all the different types of features I want in a cohesive way. At this rate, it's never going to happen. LOL

I have a few minis I've been collecting over the years and have temporarily placed them, along with some I've made, inside a little garden box/ greenhouse I recently found. 

The bench and birdhouse in this first pic are made by http://katiesclaycorner.blogspot.com/ I absolutely love her birdhouses and have quite a few different ones. The bench was a custom request she agreed to make me and I adore it. It even has a few spots on the seat that look like they could be nail holes. 



The little tray holding the books on the floor in the next pic is also made by Katie. The books themselves I got years ago from http://carolynslittlekitchen.blogspot.com/ I also have some of the adorable little plates she makes. 

I made the plant stand from wire, beads and cardstock. Mercedes from  http://libertybiberty.blogspot.com/ has a similar one in her beautiful french house and that's where I got the idea to make mine. I also made a smaller one in another color. 




This is the little set up I have created just to make myself happy in the meantime. Hopefully, I can 
get started on a little cottage at some point this year. Fingers crossed! :)




Thank you for stopping by to visit. Happy Friday Eve and have an amazing weekend!

Big mini hugs,
-Iris :)







 

7 comments:

  1. Si es verdad que hay que pensar muy bien una casa de muñecas, a mi me cuesta mucho decidirme cuando me pongo a hacer algo, pero esas piezas que tienes son preciosas y sin duda te ayudarán a darle a la casa el estilo que te gusta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Si. Soy pesima a la hora de decisiones. jajaja

      Delete
  2. A very nice collection of items for a cottage. I hope you will fine the right little structure soon to realize your dream.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely items, very suitable for a cottage. I hope you'll realize your dream soon.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to have discovered your wonderful blog, Iris! I just love your creative impulse, and the things you are making for your "someday cottage" are going to make it absolutely charming! If you email me privately, I may be able to help a little to get that cottage into your hands! 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jodi! Thank you so much. I'm glad you're enjoying your visit through my blog. It makes me happy to hear people enjoy what I share. I'm quite intrigued about the cottage. lol I'll message you on IG. =)

      Delete