Thursday, March 16, 2023

Planning the Greenhouse

So...in thinking ahead to what I'd like to add to the dollshouse I'll someday have, I know I would like to have a greenhouse alongside it. So last year, I perused Pinterest, as one does for all project planning LOL, and came across small greenhouses made from old windows. 

I sketched out all the things I thought I'd like to have for my greenhouse. In the end, I'll have room for some, but not all. You can see what my original idea was in my sketchbook. 


I don't think the tiny green house will make it into this project, because well...after having some struggles I'm not yet ready to talk about LOL (we'll have to discuss in another post), my patience, sanity and not made for tiny things hands won't be able to handle it. I'm a little sad about it because I really do think it would look adorable to have a tiny greenhouse on a shelf inside the mini green house. 😊


I also wanted to add a light fixture, but I just won't have the clearance on the inside for it. I'm thinking maybe I'll  add one on the outside. 

In the little pocket labeled "Inspo" I added a couple of pics to remind me of the general idea I was going for, and I also have a tag with ideas for names to call the greenhouse. I've also left a space at the top of the page to fill in the name when I have one. I also left an empty spot on the page to add some pics of the completed greenhouse. If anyone has any ideas for what I can call it I'd love to hear them as I'm really not all that crazy about what I have so far. 

The main structure is complete and even though I have documented that the project is done, it still needs door handles and a few outside tidbits. 


I have a few progress pics of the actual greenhouse that I'll have to show you in future posts. I'm not the best when it comes to taking photos so I'll have to see what I can dig up. 😊  

I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Thank you for stopping by!

Big mini hugs
-Iris =)





 

















 

7 comments:

  1. Your greenhouse looks fabulous. I know it's tiny but can't guess the size. Filling a 1/12' Greenhouse is no problem but when it's less it can give you a headache.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Drora! I'll have to make a few changes, but I think it's turning out really cute. I wanted to make a tiny greenhouse decoration to put inside the 1/12 scale one, but I'm not sure I have the skills for that. LOL

      Delete
  2. Bonito boceto, sin duda será precioso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Bueno hasta ahora lo que me ha dado mas dificultad han sido las bisagras de las puertas. Hay que tener muchisima paciencia. jajaja

      Delete
  3. Your journal is amazing! I have no doubt that giving life to your dreams and ideas like this will hasten their fruition! The planning stage of a project is often just as exciting as starting on it for me. I am really looking forward to following along as you make these plans come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jodi! Yes, that was my thinking too. I was hoping that by planning it out on paper it gives me a better visual and also the inspiration/ motivation to get it done. I work very slowly, mainly because I'm horrible at making decisions, but at some point they get done. LOL

    ReplyDelete