Tuesday, September 6, 2022

A little dabbling...

 While I have not been creating much of anything these past few years, I got a little itch recently and decided to distract myself. I made this cabinet/ bookcase by deconstructing an unfinished hutch that Michaels Arts & Crafts used to sell many moons ago.


I wanted a stained wood look for the top. I don't have any stains, so I used a mixture of watered down acrylic paints to give it a similar look. 




This is what the cabinet originally looked like. I have a few of them (different designs) that I am now so happy I thought to buy. Even though at the time I had no idea what I was going to do with them all. LOL I'm glad I got them when I did. Michaels stopped selling them shortly after I bought them. They were only $1 and can easily be taken apart. I used the top part, turned upside down for this project. 


I hope you are all doing well, and finding time to get crafty. 

Wishing you all an amazing week! 

xo,
Iris :)














9 comments:

  1. Iris, I'm so glad you came back to mini and didn't quit your blog.

    Most of the blogs are abandoned by their owners. It's so lonely here now)) Are you on Instagram?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never meant to stop posting on my blog, but it just got a little difficult to do so.

      Yes, I noticed many of the blogs I follow have not been active. I really do hope they decide to come back at some point.

      Thank you for your comment. :) I do have an IG. It is "lataina923".

      Delete
  2. Welcome back!
    The top part of your hutch is very beautiful. Let's see what you plan for the other part.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Drora! Thank you so much for the welcome back. :) My break was long, but I hope I can now make more posts. I haven't used the bottom half of this hutch yet, but I do have an older post where I used the bottom of another one and turned it into a buffet/ dresser. https://itsalwayssunnyinminiland.blogspot.com/2011/09/tisket-tasket-my-wonky-lil-basket.html

      Delete
  3. Qué buena transformación, me encanta!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Suerte que se me ocurrio comprar varios de estos muebles antes de que los descontinuaran. Vienen bien para estos proyectos. :)

      Delete