So since I can't find the needlepoint fabric, I decided to try weaving in the meantime. I found a book at the library that I love because it's full of DIY. Very basic, but good for this newbie! =) I can get a better sense of scale and how things can be made.
Here is my first attempt at weaving a basket. My poor, sad attempt......
This is the shape I wanted:
ROTFL......It looks nothing like it......LOL! I was trying to keep the wires fanned outwards, but I think I was so focused on keeping the weave tight I lost the shape. I also couldn't find the waxed thread it calls for so I used hemp instead. Oh well, I still have other sizes and shapes to try so....
I also wanted to show you my before & after. The only mini furniture I can afford at the moment are the $1 hutches from Michaels......lol. I've seen six different styles of them, but you can never find them all at once.
This is one of the them:
And from it I made this:
Again I tried to muck it up a bit, but it was not right. I painted, re-painted and re-re-painted it. So, before letting this small, inanimate object force me to use a bunch of colorful words that a lady should never utter, and fling it across the room, I decided to just paint and sand, and call it done! =D
Happy Thursday to you!!!